“Mankind has achieved scientific-technological civilization only in the last 200 years or so, out of about 4.5 billion years of life on Earth,” said Frank Wilczek, a Nobel-Prize winning physicist at MIT. “So it seems we ought to expect there to be many scientific-technological civilizations that have had many millions, or even billions, of years to develop.
To travel in deep space, there are two constraints to overcome :
- The propulsion: If we want to travel in a moderate time (at human scale) to a planet, possibly in the neighbourhood of the closest stars (4 light-years), let’s say 40 years, we must travel with a velocity of about 10 percent of the speed of the light. This supposes considerable propulsion resources, probably nuclear, with serious security problems. *
- The presence of hostile particles: The interstellar medium contains some matter with a mean density of about 1 hydrogen atom per cm3. A grain with a diameter of 0.1 mm, that hits a spaceship travelling at a velocity of about 10 percent of the speed of the light, has as much kinetic energy as a car launched at 100 km/hour. For a 1mm grain, the equivalent speed of the car is 3600 km/hour. Therefore, either we must use considerable resources to cope with such impacts, which increases the mass of the spaceship and makes the propulsion problem worse, or we must decrease the speed of the spaceship, which increases the length of the mission.
* Kenneth W. Behrendt writes for this in its essay “Anti-mass generator for UFO drive” the following: “computations show that the UFO would have to go in ten seconds on a height of approximately 35 km (!), so that it would together-shrink to a so small point that it could not seize the human eye any longer. If the acceleration of the missile were constant, then its crew would have felt the crushing strength of 68,38 g´s, produced by acceleration and at the end of their ten seconds ascent would have reached it a speed of over 10.000 mph. If the UFO had a dead weight of ten tons, then its engines would have had to produce a thrust of approximately 620.000 kg. Its engines would have had to deliver an output of 27.36 million HP or 20.000 megawatts achievement. This achievement would be equivalent to 2.500 jet engines by Pratt & Whitney with 11.000 HP each, those for the drive of the B-52 of long-range bomber of the USA to be used or about twenty 1.000 megawatt nuclear power stations with maximum power work!”
Here is a short overview of the different technologies that aliens may use to propel their spacecrafts at huge speeds.
The production such enormous energies within a small spaceship are almost inconceivable for us. A possibility would be actually the use of antimatter, by means of those one anti-gravitational fields also during a longer period away and with different intensity work to let could. Scientists succeeded in producing antimatter in laboratories artificially but in extremely small quantities with extremely high expenditure. Aerodynamic problems are solved perhaps by the fact that UFO`s ionize and by magnetic fields from itself keep them away surrounding air.
One is nick named the “Pulser” aircraft. There have been many sights of this aircraft by several different witnesses. When sighted it has repetitively been described as “A high-speed aircraft characterized by a very loud, deep, rumbling engine noise (1-2 Hz pulse rate) reminiscent of heavy-lift rockets.” The smoke trail of the aircraft is described as being segmented and in a linked sausage shape. (Or another good example would be to look at one side of your coat zipper, un-zipped, with the teeth facing you) It is also described as a high-altitude aircraft that crossed the sky at extremely high speeds. Both ground based and airborne observers have reported it to be seen flying at altitudes above 50,000 ft. observers have reported see the aircraft as a single bright light that seldom changed direction, however speed changes where observed. One observer estimated that it covered 350 miles in 6 minutes. (3500 miles/hr)
This this aircraft may indeed exist. There has been research in to what are called Pulsed Detonation Engines (PED’s) also refereed to as Pulsed Detonation Wave Engines. These are different type of engine than the pulse jet engines, which is already publicly know, and has been tested in aircraft. The PED’s are said to be in laboratory and computer analysis level of development (reported oct of 91) The PED’s exhaust emission produces smoke trails that closely match the pulser aircraft. Simulations of theses engines are said to be able to propel large aircraft in the “Mach 0.2-3.0 flight regime”
How PED’s work: PED’s use shock waves created in a detonation to compress the fuel-oxidizer mixture prior to combustion. A cylinder chamber designed to support the detonation is constructed with a flat forward end which makes up the thrust wall. Air along with fuel is fed into the engine from behind the thrust-wall. The detonation wave created travels forward to the thrust wall at about Mach 4 and compresses the fuel-air mixture, promotes supersonic combustion and causes a pressure rise in the engine. The wave then strikes the thrust wall and rebounds accelerating the combustion products towards the nozzle. Some of the products are ejected by the wave to the outside air-stream through the air inlet openings creating a toroidal vortex out side the engine. Then the cycle repeats.
The said advantages of this type of engine are:
- Theoretically a higher fuel efficiency than a “constant pressure engine”
- Engines can be produced in many sizes and thrust outputs from a few inches in diameter at a thrust of several pounds to larger one that can output in the thousands of pounds range.
- They have high thrust to weight ratio (ie.lighter engine, more thrust)
- They are mechanically simple, and have few moving parts.
- They could operate in or out of the atmosphere using fuel oxidizers.
Theoretically it is possible to curve by high gravitation the area that starting point and the endpoint move each other closer to the area are so far distorted that they – for the generator operator – lie directly together, as a metal spring for example, whose ends we press together. One needs “to slide” now no longer pedantically over the whole metal, but makeonly a step over the together lying ends. The actual transition would be then for example also through magnetic fields stabilized “wormholes” conceivably. If one switches now the gravitational field off, the area relaxes again and one concerned immediately in this way at the goal, without considerable time delay.
This hypothetical method of transportation makes it possible to establish some instantaneous statistical correlations, with distance. But for a teleportation between two points, A and B, two observers must already be at points A and B!
According to Bob Lazar, former government worker who claims he was hired to reverse engineer alien craft, the “flying disks” operate using an antigravity-propulsion system. The craft generates its own gravitational field, causing it to move forward at a perpetual down-hill motion. The “ships” are built for rapid travel (in space), and appear to wobble and move sporadically when hovering or traveling at slow speeds.
Another technology puts an unorthodox disk vehicle, whose drive is based on microwave energy behind the so-called “Microwave Lightcraft”, which lets the object float as from spirit hand in the sky. The microwaves, which are radiated for example from a satellite network, form thereby before the flying object a shock wave, whereby surrounding air is ionized and brought to shining. As NASA communicated, these similar spacecraft are
to take 2040 whole 10.000 off times per year starting from the year.
Still another technology contains the “lasers Lightcraft”. Here the light of an enormous in space or on earth of stationed laser is to exert pressure on a probe and propel these. With sufficiently large plants allegedly a journey is possible to the next stars such as alpha Centauri. Top speed of 20.000 mps are here already conceivable. Micro prob could be within 25 years with our neighbour star.
Already in October 1997 it succeeded, on the “High Energy laser system test Facility” – to HELSTF (high-energy systematical test area) in the White of sand Missile rank under employment of a high performance carbon dioxide laser an ultralight test object into air at centrifuges. The pulsed laser beams were bundled thereby by the parabolically formed tail of the lightcraft in a circular chamber. Air flowed from the outside into the chamber, which was heated up by the laser light to a bluish shining plasma with a temperature up to 30.000 °C. This procedure happened in a fraction of one second, so that air heated up escaped like an explosion. There is to already be concepts to the building of laser starter systems on the moon and Mars.